Landscapes take up a lot of memory and are expensive to render. In ATLAS, every Landscape sub-level should switch to a staticmesh version via the Level LOD system. This page covers how to generate and configure Landscape Level LODs using the built-in Simplygon functionality available in World Composition.
- Temporarily delete BP_Ocean, as it will be baked into your StaticMesh landscape textures if left visible.
- Load the island Landscape sub-level you are interested in. For example, Cay_A .
- Right-click on the name of your level in the Level Panel and assign it to the Landscape layer.
- Open Level Details from the Level Panel.
- Set Num LOD = 1 and Details Percentage = 10. ( Note: Distance is automatically calculated and the number hear is meaningless ).
- Click Generate and grab some coffee or take a healthy walk break.
- You should now see a bunch of level-named assets in Content Browser.
- Save your sub-level.